products & solutions
Our Warfighter requires the ability to securely communicate with headquarters from anywhere in the world. Additionally, they require the ability to precisely determine their position as well as the position of the enemy.
PXIe-5673E Vector Signal Generator (VSG)
Supports quadrature digital upconversion, which reduces waveform download and signal generation time, as well as stream-to-disk capabilities. VSG modules offer custom and standard modulation, as well as the ability to generate communications standards formats such as GPS, WCDMA, DVB-H, and more. The VSG’s power and flexibility make them ideal for use in scientific research, communications, consumer electronics, aerospace/defense, and semiconductor test applications as well as for areas such as software-defined radio, radio-frequency identification (RFID), and wireless sensor networks.
The architecture of a PXIe-5673E VSG enables multiple instruments to share a common start trigger, reference clock, and even an LO. As a result, you can synchronize up to four PXIe-5673E VSGs in a single 18-slot PXI chassis for phase-coherent signal generation.
With stream from disk capabilities, the PXIe-5673E can generate continuous waveforms that are up to several terabytes in length.
Advantages of PXIe-5673
– Frequency Range 50 MHz to 6.6 GHz
– Instantaneous Bandwidth 100 MHz
– Max RF Power Out +10 dBm
– Output Noise Floor -141 dBm/Hz
– Tuning Speed 6.5 msec
– I/Q Generation from -80 MHz to 80 MHz / for up to 256 QAM
– RF List Mode
NI VSG family Product Flyer
NI Global Navigation Satellite Systems Toolkit
NI Modulation Toolkit for LabVIEW
- SATCOM – the DoD has said for years that it needs more satellite capacity for global communications, video conferencing, drone live streaming and other activities that consume lots of bandwidth.
- GNSS – Global Navigation Satelittle System
- GPS – the United States Global Positioning System is the world’s most utlized GNSS system. GPS consists of 32 Medium Earth Orbit (MEO) satellites in six different oribital planes.
- Galileo – is the European version on GPS, will primarily use Composite Binary Offset Carrier (CBOC) modulation, and when fully launched in 2020 will consist of 30 MEO satellites.
- GLONASS – is the Russian version of GPS, and consists of 24 MEO satellites
The DoD recognizes to meet the ever increasing broadband-centric SATCOM and GNSS demands for the warfighter, in all regions of the world, they must also take advantage Commercial Sateliites, specifically High Throughput Satellites (HTS). HTS satellites offer many times the throughput of traditional Fixed-satellite Service (FSS) satelllites for the same amount of allocated frequency on orbit. HTS satellites take advantage of ‘frequency reuse’ and ‘multiple spot beams’ to increase throughput and ‘reduce the cost per bit delivered’, regardless of spectrum choice.
Throughput is defined as the speed of information delivered (bits/s) driven by:
- Bandwidth – ‘the size of the pipe’, increased by frequency reuse (MHz)
- Efficiency – ‘amount of error-free content in the pipe’ (Bits/s per MHz)
NOTE: to take full advantage of Commercial Satelittle will require the DoD to modernize their more than 17,000 wideband terminals currently deployed.
NI GPS Simulation Toolkit
|MODEL||FREQUENCY RANGE||INSTANTANEOUS BANDWIDTH||TUNING TIME|
|PXIe-5644||65 MHz to 6 GHz||80 MHz||0.95 msec|
|PXIe-5645||65 MHz to 6 GHz||80 MHz||3.7 msec|
|PXIe-5646||65 MHz to 6 GHz||200 MHz||1.8 msec|
|PXIe-5820||0 MHz to 500MHz||1 GHz||0.38 msec|
|PXIe-5840||9 kHz to 6 GHz||1 GHz||250 μsec|
The GPS Simulation Toolkit gives you the ability to create waveforms with up to 24 hours of non-repeating GPS satellite signals for extended reliability testing and superior control over signal impairments introduced during design verification tests. This allows for targeted and isolated troubleshooting to improve and verify your GPS receiver design. Additionally, you can adjust individual satellite signal powers during signal generation for dynamic range and scenario-specific tests.
GNSS Test Toolkit for GPS / for GLONASS
- Support for GPS and GLONASS simulation; generate both simultaneously with two PXIe Vector Signal Generators in a single PXIe Chassis
- Achieve automatic satellite simulation from Almanac and Ephemeris files
- Almanac files – calculate time and status of the entire GPS satellite system
- Ephemeris files – used to calculate the position of each GPS satellite in orbit
- Define custom motion trajectories for mobile simulation
- Adjust individual satellite power levels for scenario-specific test
- Take advantage of manual control of satellite Pseudorange, Doppler, and Power-level information
PXIe-1085 (38W per slot)
PXIe-1095 (82W per slot)
PXIe-8880 (Win 7, 64-bit)
PXIe-8880 (Win 10, 64-bit)
PXIe-8880 (LabVIEW RT)
PXI-5695 Programmable Attenuator
GNSS Test Toolkit for GPS / for GLONASS
supported operating systems & programming languages
917 Pacific Ave, Suite 400
Tacoma, WA 98402
P.O. Box 24088
Federal Way, WA 98093
332912, 334111, 334118, 334511, 334515